The job has was Starred.
The job has was Starred.
20 Jan 2017
Systems Administrator (Finance and Customer)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Purpose of the Role:
The Systems Administrator (Finance and Customer) is a role within IT, reporting to Finance and Customer Functional Lead. They have responsibility for delivering day to day operational service delivery of business application support and administration functions with or without the guidance and/or supervision of a more senior member of staff.
The post holder works under general direction within a clear framework of accountability, performs a range of technical or professional work activities, and selects appropriately from applicable standards, methods, tools and applications.
The demands of this role involve managing a number of competing activities, with clear deadlines, on a regular basis, with a range of complexities, predominantly operational, including decisions that could impact the delivery of the service to one or more services within the Council. This service may be provided 24 x 7 x 365. As such, there may be times when the post holder is required to be available out of hours, including weekends.
• Consider, determine and respond to service requests and incidents referred by internal customers
• Complete first line fault resolution or seek resolution with third party providers to reach satisfactory customer and technical resolution
• Fulfil requests following appropriate governance, including use of Change Control and update of Knowledge Base
• Apply specialist security knowledge to transactional requests to maintain the security and integrity of the Council’s data within the systems(s) and other data sets – to perform system audit checks as appropriate.
• Ensure appropriate job role allocation is provided to systems in line with security protocols
• Ensure relevant staff checks are undertaken to authenticate the staff member requesting access and the appropriateness of the request
• To liaise with auditors of the system(s) for regular account administration audit compliance
• Ensure removal of staff from within the system once made aware to mitigate risk of any security compromise
• Apply Line of Business Application specific knowledge to processing of requests made from within the organisation for advice and guidance on best use and available functionality within the supported system(s)
• Interface Monitoring (both internal and external) – confirmation and exception reporting, translate delays and failures to business impact and report.
• Job Scheduling (including agreement with Service, Input of Parameters, frequency, volume and change control) e.g. BACS payment runs
• Systems Print and Output – daily production and key events such as close of year
• System Configuration including parameters, output design, functionality (e.g. transaction codes and tables, templates, SMS/email output)
• Advice and guidance on systems use
• Database schema knowledge – including data quality and integrity – e.g. data steward role
• Software changes, bugs and releases – involvement in reporting to third parties, upgrades and fixes to fulfil incidents and service requests and working with business users to complete testing and user acceptance sign off
• Liaise with auditors for any systems administration audit
• Liaise with IT Team colleagues to ensure that service provision remains in line with policies and new technologies as they are rolled out
• Identify ways to improve service delivery through automation of process and providing detailed risks/benefits, costs and implementation timescales
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Job Specifics – Skills, Experience and Qualifications
1. Experience (at least 6 months) of delivering service support for all the specialisations from the section “Essential Knowledge”
2. Demonstrable experience of administering one of more of the Finance and Customer line of business systems supported by the Council3. Demonstrable experience of working in a local government organisation
4. Good English literacy (written, and verbal for customer facing roles) and numeracy skills
1. ITIL foundation, or equivalent training and/or certification
2. Technical or professional qualification related to the role, or studying towards
(In this section you should choose a maximum of 6 most important competencies for the role from either the Staff Competency Framework (up to SO2) Leadership Competency Framework (PO1 and above) and list here in ranked order. Candidates will be asked to address these when making their application.
1. Customer focus
3. Giving support
4. Investigating issues
5. Deliver Results
Essential Knowledge: one of the following:
1. SAP Systems knowledge
2. Finance and Customer Systems knowledge
Desirable Knowledge – one or more of the following:
3. IT Service Support and Delivery Management
4. Customer relations
5. Enfield business knowledge
6. Finance management
7. Stakeholder management
8. Quality management and assurance
9. HHASC systems knowledge
10. Children’s Services Systems knowledge
11. Regeneration and Environment Systems knowledge
12. Good working knowledge of using MS-365 software (Word, Excel, Outlook)
1. Higher education / college or equivalent
2. ITIL ® Foundation Certificate
3. PRINCE2 Foundation Certificate or equivalent training/certification
Other Essential Special Requirements
1. Availability to work out of hours, including weekends
2. Availability to provide on call service
How to ApplyIf your previous experience meet the above criteria please apply now by uploading your CV. Our recruitment team will consider whether or not your application is suitable for this vacancy. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of your application, please be aware that in this instance your CV does not meet requirement for this position. Positive Employment do no discriminate on grounds of Disability, Race, Age, Gender, Sexual Orientation and Comply with all relevant UK legislation.
107 total views, 3 today