13 Jan 2017
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
To be responsible to a Senior Revenues Officer for day to day work of an area, as allocated, in respect of the administration collection and recovery of the Council Tax and Business Rates taxation services.
1. To undertake the operational aspects of the Revenues Services on a day to day basis.
2. Interact with members of the public regarding relevant aspects of the service being delivered.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. To undertake a range of activities in the day to day operation of a subset of the Revenues Service as allocated. The nature of work being undertaken will include but not be limited to the following
• The updating and maintaining of the local tax base(s) accurately.
• The granting/withholding of discounts and exemptions where appropriate. Referring the more complex cases to senior officers
• The recovery of unpaid tax using all means of collection available. Referring the more complex cases to senior officers
• The provision of advice on related matters including reliefs, discounts and exemptions available and pointing to benefits available from local and central government sources. Referring the more complex cases to senior officers
• Processing of Refunds
2. To deal with enquiries by telephone, interview and correspondence providing guidance as necessary. Referring the more complex cases to senior officers
3. To ensure that customers are informed of progress and decisions reached.
4. To communicate with a wide range of contacts including but not limited to; staff in Finance, other departments and local authorities/public bodies, solicitors, courts etc. where appropriate to their work.
5. To attend judicial or administrative proceedings in support of those proceedings, to undertake contentious interviews of tax payers and to deal with enquiries and negotiate repayment arrangements where appropriate.
6. To provide statistical information to support the performance monitoring targets set for the section.
7. To support the Senior Revenues Officer in the training of the Trainees and occasional supervision of the Revenues Support Officer.
8. To maintain a level of legislative and best practice knowledge relevant to the duties post.
9. To report irregularities to a senior officer for investigation and reporting to Corporate Anti-Fraud if appropriate.
10. Carry out duties with due regard and compliance with the Data Protection Act and other legislation.
11. Carry out duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Council’s Health and Safety Policy and relevant legislation.
12. To undertake other duties commensurate to the grade of the post.
How to ApplyIf your previous experience meet the above criteria please apply now by uploading your CV.Our recruitment team will consider whether or not your application is suitable for this vacancy.If you do not hear from us within 14 days of your application, please be aware that in this instance your CV does not meet requirement for this position.Positive Employment do no discriminate on grounds of Disability, Race, Age, Gender, Sexual Orientation and Comply with all relevant UK legislation.
2007 total views, 7 today