17 Jan 2017
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Job Summary: As part of a team, organises and provides care for children 0-5 years in a day nursery setting. May work in unsupervised capacity and supervise students.
• Qualifications; NNEB, CACHE, B-Tech 3, NVQ 3 or equivalent
• Experience of working in a childcare setting throughout the 0-5 years range.
• Local Authority day nursery experience desirable but not essential.
• Thorough knowledge of all aspects of children’s’ developmental needs from 0-5 years
• Ability to communicate effectively and fluently using appropriate style both verbally and in writing.
• Understanding of Child Protection and relevant legislation.
• Knowledge of social diversity and equal opportunities and the ability to demonstrate this throughout all aspects of practice
• Able to demonstrate excellent childcare practice
• The ability to work in partnership with parents/carers
• Ability to use own initiative and take responsibility where appropriate
• To be able to work as an effective member of the staff team
• The ability to see each child as an individual and as part of a family and to respond to their needs.
The candidate must have a level 2 or higher in childcare with experience of under 5s. Candidate must have good literacy and communication skills and able to write high quality reports. Candidate must have excellent understanding of child development and the EYFS. Candidate will be expected to work shifts 5 days a week M-F. No headwear unless for religious or medical reason. minimal jewellery eg watch and small stud earrings. Short nails, no nail polish.
How to ApplyIf your previous experience meet the above criteria please apply now by uploading your CV. Our recruitment team will consider whether or not your application is suitable for this vacancy. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of your application, please be aware that in this instance your CV does not meet requirement for this position. Positive Employment do no discriminate on grounds of Disability, Race, Age, Gender, Sexual Orientation and Comply with all relevant UK legislation.
1655 total views, 4 today