13 Jan 2017
Management Information Systems Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION
• To manage the day to day running of the services MIS systems.
• To manage all learner and course data relating to service provision, ensuring the service meets the data reporting requirements of external funding bodies and Ofsted.
• To manage all job seeker and employer data relating to service provision, ensuring the service is aligned with the objectives of the Islington Employment commission and the Skills and Employment strategy
• Lead on the development and implementation of a new ACL MIS system which is modern, fit-for-purpose and used at an appropriate level by all staff in the service including staff in delivery centres.
• Manage the team of hub officers to ensure smooth day to day running of the learning hubs and effective data entry.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage the service’s Management Information System (MIS) databases to ensure the accuracy, availability and accessibility of all job seekers, employers, events, learner and course data required for the effective and efficient management of the service on a day-to-day basis.
• Maintain accurate records of all outcomes, events, course, learner and examination/accreditation data and work closely with delivery colleagues and external partners to achieve this.
• Be responsible for the management and storage of electronic and paper records.
• Produce accurate and timely statistical returns to SFA, Ofsted, London Councils , ESF and other external bodies
• Produce accurate and timely statistical returns to Committees, CMB, LSE management team and ad hoc as required .
• Advise the service on MIS issues and the implications of funding and all funding changes.
• Advise managers about funding methodology and optimisation of retention, achievement, success, progression and destination in order to achieve key performance targets.
• Remain aware of changes to eligibility criteria and targets and support management by alerting teams to missing or inaccurate data entry
• Produce timely, accurate and accessible data reports and funding information to enable service managers to plan services and curriculum delivery, monitor performance and improve quality.
• Work closely with the service contracts and resources officer to enable managers to effectively plan and manage budgets through accurate and timely funding information and data reports.
• Plan and manage the workload of the hub officer’s team to ensure timely and accurate input of enrolment and other data to the ACL service MIS system.
• Work closely with the iWork management team to ensure timely and accurate input and reporting of key employment data
• Develop, maintain and disseminate procedures manuals for all data requirements and best practice.
• Manage all data audits on behalf of the service and ensure that systems are in place to validate the accuracy and integrity of data.
• To fully support MIS users across the Service by ensuring that reporting systems are reliable, accessible and fit for purpose, including providing in-house training for staff in the use of MIS systems and other related computerised systems as appropriate.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Degree or HND in a related discipline e.g. Business/IT systems
Maths and English at GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent)
Experience of Crystal reports software
Experience of using and managing large and complex databases and developing reports.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITY
Effective leadership skills.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Excellent IT knowledge (windows, spreadsheets, databases) and high degree of computer literacy.
Ability to form and maintain effective working relationships both internally and with external partners.
Thorough understanding of the data requirements of the Skills funding agency, other funding bodies and awarding organisations.
Substantial and recent experience of submitting funding returns to external agencies, including Individual Learner Records (ILR) to the skills funding agency.
Ability to deliver training on the use of data and systems
Knowledge of performance management systems.
In depth understanding of Data protection Act requirements
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration
Please note the above outlined experience is the ‘minimum’ first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
How to ApplyIf your previous experience meet the above criteria please apply now by uploading your CV.Our recruitment team will consider whether or not your application is suitable for this vacancy.If you do not hear from us within 14 days of your application, please be aware that in this instance your CV does not meet requirement for this position.Positive Employment do no discriminate on grounds of Disability, Race, Age, Gender, Sexual Orientation and Comply with all relevant UK legislation.
2534 total views, 5 today