The job has was Starred.
The job has was Starred.
13 Jan 2017
HR Administrative Officer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Main purpose of post
• To provide a comprehensive business support and administration services
• To assist in providing services that ensure the effective day to day running of the Organisational Development team
• To maintain effective relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders across the Division and Department
Key Unit Accountabilities
1. To provide an efficient support service for the Organisational Development team dealing with administrative functions that include handling correspondence, diary management and minute taking
2. To arrange and service meetings. Books and prepares rooms; prepares and circulates agendas and papers; takes, provides and circulates minutes; monitors follow up actions as necessary
3. To manage telephone enquiries and face to face contact with visitors, dealing as appropriate and providing information to the team, manager and external organisations as required
4. To work with other support officers across the Department, providing cover during times of absence and ensuring that there is a comprehensive support service as directed by senior officers
5. To undertake projects as required and directed by senior officers
6. To work flexibly in undertaking the duties and responsibilities of this job, and participate as required in multi-disciplinary cross-department and cross-organisational groups and task teams.
7. To take responsibility, relevant to the post, for ensuring that Council statutes and government legislation is upheld. This includes, amongst others; Management Compliance Charter, Environmental Policy, Data Protection Act, Race Equality Action Plan, Quality Assurance Plan, Health & Safety, Sustainable Construction and Recycling.
8. To take responsibility, appropriate to the post for tacking racism and promoting good race, ethnic and community relations.
K1 Knowledge of business support processes using computerised processes
K2 Good IT skills, with knowledge of spreadsheets and databases
K3 Good administrative skills, including diary management, arranging meetings, telephone call handling and filing
E1 Experience of working to tight deadlines and of setting and achieving targets
E2 Proven administrative experience working in a public sector (or equivalent) organisation
E3 Experience of dealing with managers, councillors and other individuals in a professional and sensitive manner
Focuses on Citizens: Responds appropriately to citizens – Level 1
• Gives friendly and polite advice
• Follows up customer enquiries or requests for information
• Seeks ways of helping citizens rather than sticking rigidly to the ‘rules’
• Corrects problems promptly and in a positive manner
Takes Ownership: Is motivated to do a good job – Level 1
• Responds to problems in own area of responsibility
• Suggests solutions even if outside area of responsibility
• Willingly takes on tasks outside job scope
• Works collaboratively: Works well with others – Level 1
• Is a good team player and does their share of the work
• Shares relevant or useful information with others
• Values others input and expertise
Integrity: Acts with openness and honesty – Level 1
• Is open and honest with colleagues and citizens
• Consistently delivers on promises
• Does what they say they will do
Committed to the Borough: Talks positively about the Borough – Level 1
Talks positively about the Borough e.g. to citizens or people in other organsiations
Expresses pride and/or commitment to delivering excellent services
How to ApplyIf your previous experience meet the above criteria please apply now by uploading your CV.Our recruitment team will consider whether or not your application is suitable for this vacancy.If you do not hear from us within 14 days of your application, please be aware that in this instance your CV does not meet requirement for this position.Positive Employment do no discriminate on grounds of Disability, Race, Age, Gender, Sexual Orientation and Comply with all relevant UK legislation.
2536 total views, 5 today