13 Jan 2017
Executive Support Officer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
To provide an effective and high quality support service to THH Directors and the Executive Management Team. To provide an excellent standard of customer care, promoting and demonstrating Tower Hamlets Homes mission, vision and core values.
To manage and coordinate the diaries of the Executive Management Team and other senior managers and provide a full meeting administration service as required.
To prepare correspondence as required and deal with calls and callers to the Directors office in a courteous and professional manner.
To acknowledge and log all incoming mail that requires a response, ensuring that the procedures for dealing with customer complaints and enquiries from members, MPs and the local Ombudsman are adhered to.
To undertake assignments as and when required on a variety of issues/enquiries/complaints, involving liaison with other officers, Members and outside organisations and presenting the information in a variety of formats such as spreadsheets, reports and presentations.
To ensure that requisition of goods and services required for the efficient running of the Executive Support Office and prepare invoices for approval, adhering to financial regulations and procedures.
To lead and co-ordinate the organisation of conferences, events, receptions, public meetings, strategic meetings and operational meetings as required for Tower Hamlets Homes, including researching and booking venues, taking accurate and concise minutes when requested and assisting with the preparation of documentation.
To deal effectively, sensitively and courteously with a wide range of telephone calls and correspondence including complaints and general enquiries from residents/councillors and external organisations.
To keep abreast of changes in Tower Hamlets Homes and its Directorates to ensure that the range of Executive Support functions is undertaken in an effective and efficient manner.
To ensure that all duties and responsibilities are performed in accordance with Tower Hamlets Homes core values, including Financial Regulations, Value for Money, HR policies and procedures, and Health & Safety Policy.
To keep abreast of professional developments, legislative changes and best practice, attending continuing professional development courses as appropriate and applying updated knowledge to present work programmes and sharing information gathered on courses.
Carry out other reasonable ad hoc duties to support the Directorate which are commensurate with the expectation of the post as directed by the line manager or the Head of Service.
Education and Experience
• Experience of providing a confidential secretarial and administrative support to senior managers.
• Experience of working to tight deadlines on a range of complex tasks in a busy office environment.
• Experience of dealing confidently and effectively with colleagues at all levels of seniority, and with members of the public.
• Experience of information gathering presenting information in spreadsheets, reports and presentations.
• Experience of leading and co-ordinating the organisation of conferences and other events.
• Experience of using initiative and creativity for the benefit of the service delivery.
• To keep abreast of all professional developments, legislative changes and best practice.
• Make sure work is carried out in accordance with all THH policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of effective office practice and information management systems.
• Understanding of THH Values and vision.
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to manage a varied workload with autonomy, to understand complex instructions and ensure tasks are completed efficiently and to a high standard.
• Ability to contribute to analysing problems and implementing solutions to create better ways of working.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Strong literacy and numeracy skills
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, orally and in writing, with a wide range of people.
• Proven time management and organisational skills, with excellent attention to detail, including proof-reading skills.
• Ability to prepare agendas and accurately minute meetings.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to handle sensitive issues effectively.
• Awareness of the importance of confidentiality with the ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy.
• Strong IT skills.
• Ability to anticipate senior managers needs, be proactive and provide flexible secretarial support.
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration.
Please note the above outlined experience is the ‘minimum’ first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
How to ApplyIf your previous experience meet the above criteria please apply now by uploading your CV.Our recruitment team will consider whether or not your application is suitable for this vacancy.If you do not hear from us within 14 days of your application, please be aware that in this instance your CV does not meet requirement for this position.Positive Employment do no discriminate on grounds of Disability, Race, Age, Gender, Sexual Orientation and Comply with all relevant UK legislation.
2109 total views, 8 today