The job has was Starred.
The job has was Starred.
5 Nov 2015
Debt Recovery Officer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Job Title: Debt Recovery Officer
Essential skills and abilities:
Special conditions: Candidates will be selected for interview on the application criteria set out below and will be further assessed against the criteria during the interview and test stages.
Assessment Method: A = Application, I = Interview, T = Test
• Knowledge of debt collection best practice and approach to debt types A/I
• Understanding of the debt position and how this affects the team and council overall A/I
• Knowledge of relevant legislation, government guidelines and best practice in relation to debt recovery A/I
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact with partner organisation, departmental contacts and senior managers (written, verbally and face to face) A/I
• Ability to negotiate debt and payments with customers A/I/T
• Proven ability to use investigative skills maximise cash collection A/I/T
• Ability to maintain confidentiality when handling customer enquiries and other information in line with Council requirements, the Data Protection Act and the Freedom of information Act A/I
• Ability to maintain real time data information systems A/I
• Ability to manage caseload to meet performance targets A/I
• Experience of collecting monies in the private or public sector A/I
• Experience of working in a fast paced predominantly telephone based office environment driven by target setting A/I
• Proven experience of meeting and exceeding set targets within a team environment A/I
• Experience of using customer management information systems to deliver
targets and real time data A/I/T
• Experience of negotiating assertively and dealing with customers under difficult circumstances A/I
To work outside normal working hours where it is deemed necessary to do so.
Debt Recovery Officer:
This role is to maximise cash collected and will require you to work pre-dominantly on the telephone. You will be required to have an ability to negotiate, convince and influence whilst remaining clear and courteous under sometimes difficult circumstances. You will be expected to build rapport with strangers on the telephone quickly and effectively and have the confidence to close payment opportunities. Resilience and determination coupled with the positive disposition to succeed. You will be Self-Critical and always seeking ways to improve performance with the ability to take direction.
Key Areas for Decision Making:
This role requires an individual to achieve key collection targets through proactive outbound call collection and face to face meeting techniques. The post holder will be required to actively manage a case load through the debt recovery process maximising the collection of debt for the council. Maintain all relevant ICT systems efficiently and in an accurate and up to date manner to assist in the production of management information.
This is a description of the duties and responsibilities of the post at the date of production. The duties may change over time as requirements of circumstances change and other duties become necessary.
The Debt Recovery Service will operate between the hours of 8am – 6pm Monday – Friday and the post holder will be expected to support the needs of their team and service delivery during these times.
How to ApplyIf your previous experience meet the above criteria please apply now by uploading your CV.Our recruitment team will consider whether or not your application is suitable for this vacancy.If you do not hear from us within 14 days of your application, please be aware that in this instance your CV does not meet requirement for this position.Positive Employment do no discriminate on grounds of Disability, Race, Age, Gender, Sexual Orientation and Comply with all relevant UK legislation.
2405 total views, 8 today