22 Mar 2017
Community Halls, garages and project Officer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
Post Title and Number: Community Halls, garages and project Officer
Grade:SO1 Department: Environment and Regen
Service/Section/Team: Enfield Council Housing
Reports to Neighbourhood Services Co-ordinator
Purpose of the Role:
• Responsible for providing a high quality service to users of community centres in the Borough.
• Responsible for providing a high quality service to users of garages in the Borough
• To provide necessary support for services as directed by the Principal Housing Manager.
• To run and develop a range of additional services for the Council such as parking on housing estates, garages and the administering of right to manage applications and any other projects as determined by the Neighbourhood Services co-ordinator.
Percentage of Time
1. Service Delivery:
• To manage the smooth running of the community halls. This will include out of hours emergencies and Saturdays as and when required.
• Maintain volunteer and resident association records and training information where appropriate.
• To work with local resident groups in relation to halls management issues and to be involved in the recruitment and selection of volunteers to help with the management of the halls
• To proactively react to problems/issues as they occur providing innovative solutions.
• To be responsible for the ordering, invoicing and collection of monies owed using the relevant financial systems.
• To Manage Health & Safety (Risk Assessments) and Repairs and Maintenance within a “patch of halls”
• To be involved in any projects relating to the halls e.g. refurbishment programs
• To offer advice and guidance in the provision of the management of the halls to customers when requested
• To, administer Garages including associated inspections, maintain records, Service of Notice to Quit, raising repairs and all associated works to maximise income 35%
2. Business Development
• Market and promote community halls, maximising the income from existing bookings and identifying new streams of income to grow the business.
• To meet hirers and potential hirers conduct show-rounds and pre-event meetings as and when appropriate.
• To introduce and develop a strong brand image with good recognition in the borough of Enfield
• To develop communications with hirers, users and audiences through appropriate electronic channels (e.g., email, Facebook, Twitter, website)
• To establish and encourage local residents to become volunteers to help with the management of the halls
• Market and promote garages, maximising the income
• To ensure that a ‘first class’ customer service is delivered at all times.
3. Administration and Financial Management
• To develop and maintain administrative systems which include safe working practices, quality systems, contract documentation for the provision of the community halls management to ensure continuous improvement. All records should be appropriately maintained and updated.
• To be responsible for the financial and management monitoring of a “patch” of community halls and Garages across the Borough
• To implement policies and procedures where hirers are in arrears
• To help to generate reports and statistical information to help with the business planning and revenue forecasting etc of the community halls.
• To financial monitoring/advice in the day to day running of a tenant management organisations.
4. Information Technology
• To use IT equipment and software packages (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Zipporah, SAPS and Iclipse and Northgate etc) to deliver the service and develop its provision.
• To assist in the development of online solutions for community halls management.
5. Contract Management
• Liaison with contract staff to ensure provision of service etc
• The monitoring of external contracts and any related Performance indicators
• Be responsible for a patch of halls and garages that includes the contract monitoring of; security, cleaning, hygiene hire, fire extinguishers, grounds maintenance and others where applicable.
• To contribute to maintaining a database of hall hirers and occasional hirers and garage waiting list.
• To monitor and review hire agreements/contracts as and when necessary
• To work with the Councils Facility Management Teams as and when necessary to ensure the safe guarding of hirers and also any information requests e.g. CCTV operation
• To undertake inventory audits for each of the halls on an annual basis and maintain this on an electronic database
• Requirement to work flexible base hours outside and beyond Enfield Council’s agreed flexi–work procedures as and when maybe required, including Saturdays
• To assist the Neighbourhood Services co-ordinator as required in the following additional areas:
(a) TMO management
(b) Parking Implementation
(c) Emergency Accommodation
(d) Shared Ownership management
(e) Garage Management
• Attend training and development opportunities as and when necessary to support this role
• Comply with the Equality Act 2010 and in particular the access remit of the act when managing the halls
• The role carries significant out of office duties and is based around the location of the halls. The ability to reach these sites by using a vehicle is therefore a necessity
• The ability to adhere to safe working practices/health and safety for lone workers
• Visits and inspections of premises may involve high risk environments and may be exposed to conflict and aggressive situations. The post holder will be expected to use their training and skills to ensure the safety of themselves and others.
Key Relationships (Internal and External):
Internal Contacts include:
• Colleagues and staff in Enfield Council Housing and other departments within Enfield Council, i.e. Technical Services, Tenancy and Estate Management etc
External Contacts include:
• Tenants and leaseholders
• General public
• Residents’ associations and other residents’ groups
• The voluntary/third sector
• Contractors and consultants (e.g. TPAS, Members of Parliament
• Other ALMOs and local authorities
• Local and central government agencies e.g. Police, Probation Service
How to ApplyIf your previous experience meet the above criteria please apply now by uploading your CV.Our recruitment team will consider whether or not your application is suitable for this vacancy.If you do not hear from us within 14 days of your application, please be aware that in this instance your CV does not meet requirement for this position.Positive Employment do no discriminate on grounds of Disability, Race, Age, Gender, Sexual Orientation and Comply with all relevant UK legislation.
69 total views, 4 today