8 Jun 2017
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide a responsive and high quality brokerage service that enables individuals’ Support Plans to be implemented in a way that is person centred and achieves best possible value for money.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To ensure that individual packages of managed care and support are brokered in a timely and effective fashion, and that these packages reflect accurately the requirements of the Support Plan.
This duty at 1 above extends to include the brokering / arranging for the full range of services and solutions required, fulfilling the individual Support Plan.
To liaise as appropriate with the individual whose Support Plan is being brokered, and the professionals and others supporting that individual, and to continue to act in a ‘named worker’ role as first point of contact for that individual for any subsequent brokerage related issues.
To ensure that all costing and supplier information relating to each individual package of care and support is entered into the relevant Frameworki fields in a timely and accurate manner.
To maintain a lead ‘subject expertise’ in relation to either specific groups of service users, or aspects of the brokerage process in agreement with the Brokerage Manager. This duty relates to a knowledge and best practice expertise that is a resource to the team – it does not indicate that duties will be restricted to this area of expertise.
To respond in a timely and effective way to any required changes to the brokered care and support in response to review outcomes.
To ensure that all brokerage activity undertaken complies with relevant Departmental Policies and Procedures as well as Council Standing Orders, Financial Regulations and Procurement Rules. In particular, to ensure that any financial commitment entered into has been subject to the correct approval processes.
To act as an ‘expert adviser’ to individual service users, carers and other professionals on all aspects of the brokerage function.
If required by the Brokerage Manager, to maintain up to date and accurate information on utilisation rates for specified block contracts, and to ensure that colleagues have the information required to ensure that utilisation is maximised.
To work within the terms of the Council’s Failed Visits policy and Service Interruptions procedures and to ensure that any necessary action is initiated to protect individuals from potential harm, and to ensure that financial commitments are accurately recorded.
To ensure that any concerns about service quality are relayed to the relevant Commissioning or Monitoring Officer in a timely and efficient manner.
The post holder will be expected to attend regular supervision with their line manager.
1. Understands the strengths and weaknesses of the social care market in the Borough, in the context of Personalisation and Transformation, and how to develop capability and capacity in this market.
2. Understands the commissioning requirements of the NHS locally when operating in a Lead Commissioning capacity and effectively manages contracts on their behalf.
3. Has a clear understanding and knowledge of the abilities and role of the 3rd sector, and of its ability to provide against service specifications.
4. Is aware of market trends and behaviours, and shows knowledge of and acts where required on current gaps in the market to provide customers with an increased choice of solutions and suppliers.
Qualifications & Experience
5. Candidates for this role will be expected to demonstrate how the qualifications and experience they have gained to date enable them to meet the competencies set out in this specification.
How to ApplyIf your most recent experience meet the above criteria please apply now by uploading your CV. You can also contact our recruitment team will consider whether or not your application is suitable for this vacancy.If you do not hear from us within 14 days of your application, please be aware that in this instance your CV does not meet requirement for this position.Positive Employment do no discriminate on grounds of Disability, Race, Age, Gender, Sexual Orientation and Comply with all relevant UK legislation.
2552 total views, 4 today